cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can't send any text messages. I get squiggles instead of letters. Help please,

sleepyviolet
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I can't send any text messages. I get squiggles instead of letters. Help please,

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @sleepyviolet 

Try going into settings, Applications, messages, storage and clear cache and data.  Follow with a reboot and try again.

Also follow the advise here: Network Queries 

If you still have keyboard issues follow this link for repairs: Repairs 

Sorry I should have said it is only a Nokia 2630

Sleepy V

AnnS

Try a reboot @sleepyviolet 

Also try in a different location, it may just be a network issue.  

If you still have a keyboard problem it may well be a phone issue, if you know anyone who would let you try your SIM in their phone, this will determine a phone or SIM issue.

If problems continue, you will need a replacement phone or a repair (if possible).

I am not explaining this very well.  I have two Nokia 2630, I am in hospital and I pressed something wrongly or perhaps too hard.

I did the same thing on both of them.

SV

AnnS

Hi @sleepyviolet 

When you send a text message at the bottom of the keyboard you will have a button where you can change from letters to symbols, you have probably accidentally pressed this and changed the keyboard to symbols, try tapping the abc letters, it should change back to alphabetical order.

to edit my reply.  I hope this solves this for you @sleepyviolet , you have probably only changed the keyboard mode, this is the key you use to enter a £ sign or an alternative symbol such as @.

Sorry what are the abc letters please?

Thanks

SV

Thank you and yes it is the prediction issue.

The hash key is the one to hold down.

When I did it on one phone it says Activated Profile Set

On the other phone it says ActivatedProfile General

I still need some help please

SV

BandOfBrothers

If your just sending a normal text of 180 characters then I'd suggest to check in your text message settings.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone  ? @sleepyviolet 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.