Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get a login code

alanterr
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I need to login to myvodafone to change some settings, but I can't get a code. Every time I ask for a security code , there is a long delay before anything comes through and then when it does the message just says 'minutes' !  I get my codes through my landline as there is no mobile signal at home so I can't get it through the mobile. The online chat isn't working and they don't answer the phone, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

29 REPLIES 29

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @alanterr 

The first thing to do is to clear your PC cookies and cache.

You should receive the code almost immediately to the number giving you 20 minutes to receive the code.  There is further information for you here:  Security Code 

If you have bypassed ToBi giving an indication for the reason you need to contact as advisor, just keep the window open and as soon as an advisor becomes available you will get connected.

It has nothing to do with my computer -I can tick the box to get a security code sent, but when the phone rings it says 'you have a new message from Vodafone, press 1 to hear it' and when I press 1 a voice says 'minutes'. That's it, no code. This happens every time I try.

I don't know what you mean by 'bypassed TOBI' - do I have an option to not use the access code? Life would be much easier if there was another method of identification. Could the code be sent by email? One of my banks does that and its much easier for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @alanterr I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your MyVodafone account. Are you app to access the app at all? You will be able to update any details you need to there, as well as through your online account. 

If you're struggling to reach our LiveChat team, I'd recommend contacting our Social Media team here. They'll be able to help reset your login details and can update your details for you too 👍

I don't have the app on my phone - I just tried to install it but it wouldn't download, so I loaded it on to my tablet instead, but when I try to login it wants to send me a code again, so that doesn't help.  I did get through to the livechat team yesterday -in fact I spent most of the day online with several different people who each got me to take the SIM card out and in again, go through the settings, and then they reset the phone at their end. Each time it made no difference. After four and a half hours of this they decided sending me a new SIM would sort it, so we'll see, but I doubt it somehow.

gclistens
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am also having this issue, does someone have any solution for this? kindly share your views gclistens, thanks in advance!

Still happening today - this amazingly hopeless on Vodafone's part.  Perhaps its because they use BT to send the codes?  No one available to help by phone (its too hot, or they are down with Covid), no help anywhere else that I can see.  I'd create a new account, but I expect that I can't as 'that email is in use'.

...and no change today.  Phone calls reveal they are too busy, on-line messaging 'no one available', but the lady from BT keeps (when I ask) sending useless voice messages to my landline.  Logging in to MyVodafone app on iPhone offers no helpful info, just ads for upgrade/topup offers.

I wonder if this will ever get sorted?

No luck here either -after a long session with the online chat they said they'd send me a new SIM 'straightaway'. Then I noticed a £2.50 charge on my account which I assume is for the new SIM, although they didn't tell me there would be a  charge.  And two weeks later, no SIM has arrived.