Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get a login code

alanterr
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I need to login to myvodafone to change some settings, but I can't get a code. Every time I ask for a security code , there is a long delay before anything comes through and then when it does the message just says 'minutes' !  I get my codes through my landline as there is no mobile signal at home so I can't get it through the mobile. The online chat isn't working and they don't answer the phone, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

29 REPLIES 29

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member

My wife has the same problem too. She gets a text that just says 'minutes'  and so she can no longer access her online account!

I gave up and walked away from the account - created a new one.  It wouldn't let me use the same email, but after creating with a different (working) email, it allowed me to change the email back to my normal one - go figure!

WelshPaul

Probably only a matter of time until your new account encounters the same problem though,

I hope not.  The old account was only for a payg sim that got stolen with the phone.  I din't know what I thought I might achieve by trying to log into that account, but as I now have a new payg sim it seemed the logical thing to do!  I only wanted access to be able to check usage data - the app on the phone itself was useless....

Well, that didn't take long, did it?  I cleared my browser cache, and so was checking various logins still worked, thought I'd try good old Vodafone - still trying to send a message saying 'minutes' to my landline, no-one available to talk to, and no on-line chatters available either - hopeless, truly hopeless - that's 3 weeks with no change.  At least the phone and SIM are working.

They really seem to have given up altogether don't they? I never got the SIM they promised to send over a month ago, so I thought I'd call them to see what had happened. No phone calls available , only online chat -I opened the chat box and an hour and a half later, no one had answered. I gave up.

WelshPaul

Ok so the problem only happens when you get the code sent to a landline. 🤷🏼‍

When we select the mobile number, we receive the code. 👍

When we select our home landline, we receive a call informing us that Vodafone sent us a text message, we press 1 to listen to it... The message content that is read back to me is "minutes"! Nothing else, just "minutes"!!

The problem exists on my account, my wife's account and both my children's accounts (all pay go). 

So yea, should you lose your phone or your sim stops working, you no longer able to access your online account! 🤦‍

If only the phone app let you do something - like change the code-calling number!  I only bought the new sim because of its £1/day limit, for emergencies.  Now I can't expect Vodafone to get too excited about me as a customer, but would I consider taking out a contract with them - well, what do you think?

Yes exactly -that seems to be happening to all of us who can't receive a code as we live where there's no mobile signal. And vodafone won't even acknowledge the problem!

If only there was some way we could let them know about the issue, given that phone lines and on-line chat are unavailable - oh, wait - perhaps this forum!