Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need help returning phone

panyg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am reposting as my previous post was somehow marked as spam

I would appreciate some advice as I've been trying unsuccessfully to return a Pay As You Go phone all week.

I would like to return a P30 Pro New Edition within the 14 days. I originally used the web chat last week and I was told I needed to phone instead. I've been calling all week and after getting a call back, was told I have to complete the return on the webchat or go into a store. Due to lockdown, none of my local stores are open.

I've been trying for 2 days to get help with the webchat but all I get is:

Please do not close this session, an adviser will connect with you shortly.

Then after some time, it closes and I have to start again. I have spent hours online trying to connect to an advisor.

My 14 days are nearly up now and I am unable to visit a Vodafone store, I cannot get help over the phone and I cannot connect to an advisor online.

I appreciate we are in exceptional times but I purchased this phone on the condition it can be returned within 14 days and I am unable to return the phone. Do I contact my credit card company and do a charge back?

Any advice would be appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

From what i can see with Highstreet Stores they are now starting to re open with social distancing in place from the 15th of June 2020 so you should be able to go into a Vodafone Store to return the phone and any accessories @panyg soon.

How far are you away from the 14 days cooling off period  ?

The agent should have put a note in your Account Notes to support that you want to return the phone.

They should send a returns pack.

Live chat or Customer services via 191 or 03333 040  or 191 usually arrange this.

From Returns. 

"To keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, our stores are currently closedInstead, please call us on 191 free from your Vodafone mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other UK landline or mobile (standard charges apply)We’re dealing with an extremely high volume of calls right now, so you might have to wait longer than usual. Thanks for bearing with us"

From https://newscentre.vodafone.co.uk/news/open-for-business-vodafone-welcomes-high-street-customers-aga... 

"Vodafone UK has opened its stores again in 65 locations across England and Northern Ireland. If all goes well, a further 300 stores could re-open their doors over the coming weeks."

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply.

I live quite far from any open stores and I don't have the time to visit one of those at the moment.

The 14 days end on Saturday, I asked for them to put a note on the account. Also, I've been told after calling 191 that they cannot arrange returns and I need to talk to then on Webchat.

Looks like I will have to hope they accept a return instore when stores open. They really should update their information if it is no longer valid.