Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New PAYG Sim, not showing credit

Smokeysco
4: Newbie

I purchased a payg sim for my sisters new phone locally, on the packaging it said had 3gb of data (a guess I cannot remember), 250 minutes and unlimited text.

Having not used payg I assumed you just put it in the phone and it would work, not so, it had to be registered and credit added to it, when the credit was added only the credit added no sign of the credit already on the sim.

Bit odd that you buy a sim with credit on it, then you have to put credit on it before it will allow you to use it to make calls,

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Smokeysco 

A PAYG SIM is activated by making a quick chargeable connection.

You have been sold a PAYG with a £10.00 Big Value Bundle, if this is a new connection the bundle is on promotion with 5 x data giving you a total of 15GB data for the month.  Further information here: PAYG Big Value Bundles  As you have you an inclusive bundle, you won't see the credit, this has been used to purchase the bundle, as far as the added extra credit is concerned, keep this in your account to purchase the following months bundle. 

If you have set up an online account and downloaded the application from here: Getting Started you will be able to see details of your active bundles and extra available credit. 

Just for information if you like endless Social Media data take a look at Voxi still Vodafone here: Voxi 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Smokeysco 

A PAYG SIM is activated by making a quick chargeable connection.

You have been sold a PAYG with a £10.00 Big Value Bundle, if this is a new connection the bundle is on promotion with 5 x data giving you a total of 15GB data for the month.  Further information here: PAYG Big Value Bundles  As you have you an inclusive bundle, you won't see the credit, this has been used to purchase the bundle, as far as the added extra credit is concerned, keep this in your account to purchase the following months bundle. 

If you have set up an online account and downloaded the application from here: Getting Started you will be able to see details of your active bundles and extra available credit. 

Just for information if you like endless Social Media data take a look at Voxi still Vodafone here: Voxi 

AnnS many thanks for your prompt response.

Not sure what you mean by "quick chargeable connection", it would not allow her to make calls.

No matter she is up and running now, I will set up the app for her next time I visit.

Thankyou muchly