Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non expiring low cost sim

LesB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a normal phone I use every day but  beacuse it's large I intend to get one of those tiny phones to take with me when running. It'll probably hardly get used. Is there a sim that does not require contract or regular payments and keeps any credit from original purchase for months even if not used? I can't find anything like it on the main website.

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @LesB 

The best advise here is to go for PAYG 1, if you are only going to be using the phone for mostly incoming with the odd chargeable activity to keep the SIM active, the credit will last for as long as you want it.  Just remember to turn off mobile data and have your WiFi turned on, you certainly won't be browsing the internet when running and won't want the phone using data and taking your credit.

See this link, scroll down to the bottom of the page to standard PAYG rates PAYG Bundles 

Thanks. I just had a look. While it may be true that the phone will likely be used very infrequently for anything outgoing, the cost of £1 straight away for a first text or call is significant. That could easily add up too quick.  I think I'll have to look elsewhere. Sadly, because I've been with Vodafone for literally decades!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you thought of transferring over to VOXI @LesB? You'd get the same awesome network connection you get with Vodafone and for just £10 per month you'd have unlimited minutes and texts to any UK numbers! Not only that, but you'd get endless social data and 6GB to use on anything else. I understand you said you don't use the phone much, but for the equivalent of 33p a day you'd have the piece of mind that you've got minutes, texts and data if you ever needed it. Our website's got everything you need to know about us, but if you need anything else, just let us know 😁

Hi Mark. I already have an unlimited data contract for my normal phone, The phone I need the low cost sim for is one of the really tiny, size of your thumb types. The display is literally the size of a stamp so data would be no use at all. It's mainly for incoming calls or if I need to make a few very basic texts or calls. Trouble is that even a single text a couple of times a week is soon £8 t0 £10 a month.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That is certainly understandable @LesB. The options @AnnS and @Mark have presented are always available if you're not able to find any other suitable deals. We hope you find the perfect offer to help you out on your runs 😊 

Thanks. The options are still on the table and I do appreciate the feedback and advice.