Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAY A S YOU GO

Tzitzi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If a get a " PAY AS YOU GO "   SIM card with Vodafone                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        1.   If I am abroad how can I top up ...??                                                                                                                               2 .  For how many months I can have my mobile number without top up ...???    ( MAX:   3 months??)                           3.   Can I use my mobile's minutes while I am abroad?                                                                                                       4.   My SIM card can be sent at my Home Address or do i need to visit a shop ? 

5 REPLIES 5

Steph

@Tzitzi Hey, thanks for dropping us a message I hope you're well 😊 It's great to hear that you're looking to take out a Pay As You Go SIM with us! I've popped the answers to your questions below but if you want to know anything else, just let me know.

1) You can top up either by calling 2345 from your Vodafone SIM and then follow the instructions in the menu or you can do it through the Top Up Portal here 

2) If you don't top up for 90 days we'll send you a message asking you to add credit or a package. If you continue to not top up and use the SIM to make a chargeable call, text or use some data then we will send you a final message. After this point we give you a final 45 days to make use of the SIM or your number will be disconnected.

3) You can use your Pay As You Go SIM abroad! With our Pay as you go bundles, you can use your data, minutes and texts in 51 European destinations as you would at home, completely free of charge. If you're planning to travel outside these EU destinations then you can add on one of our 'Around the World' roaming Extras, which give you an allowance of data, minutes and texts to use in 73 additional destinations. For more information on roaming abroad, check out our 'Travelling Abroad' page here. 

4) You can order a free Pay As You Go SIM straight to your door by filling out the order form on our website or you can pop into a Vodafone store to grab one. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hey Steph, 

How long have Vodafone offered the 'Around the world' roaming extra on PAYG?  Assume it's relatively new? Looks really good. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear you're in favour of these @donnyguy, we think they're pretty awesome too! Obviously roaming has always been available to our PAYG customers, but these dedicated roaming bundles are a recent addition to our product range and are in place to help making roaming more affordable for all our customers 😊

donnyguy

Agree with the sentiment Mark.

Just hoping Vodafone have a similar proposition in the pipeline for pay monthly as a bolt on for two weeks sounds so much better to me than paying £6 per day. 

But for PAYT customers, this is brilliant. Especially for holiday makers travelling to popular destinations like Egypt, Morocco, Turkey or, listening to yesterdays government announcement, this summers upcoming destination Israel.

Thank you so much for your reply