Ask

Solution

PAYG1 allowance used up

spiderplant0
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm looking at the PAYG1 plan here...
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/pay-as-you-go-plans/payg-1

Q1) Its not clear to me what happens when I use up my 50MB of data. Does it....
a) automatically deduct another £1 from my balance and give me another 50MB
b) disallow any more data transfer, so I can make a decision on what to do next. 

Q2) If I need to buy extra data, am I forced to buy 'Extras' (e.g. 2GB for £10) or can I buy a bundle (which are much better value) (eg 7GB for £10).

Q3) If I can buy a bundle, what happens when I use it up within the 30 days? 
a) Am I charged 'Out of bundle' rates
b) reverts back to PAYG1

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

To answer your questions @spiderplant0 

1. The inclusive allowance is only 50MB.
  2. When you have used the daily allowance, you won't be able to use any further data and would need to purchase an extra here: Extras 
  3. If you purchase a bundle, providing you have added credit before the 30 day expiration, the bundle will automatically roll over.  If you don't add the credit within 7 days, you will be automatically opted out and revert to PAYG 1 rates.

BVB's are extremely good value, at the moment Vodafone are offering additional data and you would save a lot of money with the inclusive data allowance.

If you go for a bundle check the  FAQ's on the link below, it will explain how to get the promotional data 

PAYG 

As far as the promotional data is concerned, you would use the core basic allowance first, followed by the promotional data.  To continue receiving the promotional data for three months just make sure you add the credit before the bundle expires.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Just to clarify on this thread, I’m on a BvB with the triple data promotion and my promotional data is being used first, rather than my bundle data.