Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OneNumber cost-- Why has it doubled?

BarretK
3: Seeker

I am looking to renew my pay monthly contract which comes with a OneNumber as well for my Apple Watch. For as long as I can remember, I had a 50% discount on the OneNumber.

For reasons that I cannot entirely understand, this policy seems to have changed. Vodafone now have discarded their 50% discount-- not even for decade long clients-- and now have uplifted it to the 10/month. So either the costs have doubled in a short period of time (hint hint-they haven't) or Vodafone is charging pure margin on just flicking a switch to share the exisiting data allowance with another device.

Any one else experienced the same?

3 REPLIES 3

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

They seem to do this!  You can try talking to an agent on the phone to see where that gets you, but get your other quotes first so you have the evidence.  I'm currently in the position where it'll be cheaper for me to lose all my discounts than to take out a new contract with Vodafone.  But I can get a like-for-like contract with EE for 2/5 the price Vodafone want to charge me.  I'll leave mine until closer to the end of my contract, but if they don't budge I'll be moving my mobile!

BarretK

Agreed.

I need to go through that exercise myself-- any tips on what the best way around it is? 

CrimsonLiar

All I can say is make sure you have the information from competitors to hand, don't bluff, and if VF really won't shift then be prepared to move.  It's why I'm now with BT internet though my phone until now remained with Vodafone.