Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recover a deactivated number

kev_winters
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HI - I am trying to understand why my pay as you go number has been deactivated and if i can recover the number.  The number was working a few weeks ago but has now stopped working and I get a message the number has been deactivated.

The trouble with modern banking and every other service is that you need a phone number to login.

How can i get the number reactivated?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There have been plenty of previous threads asking this question @kev_winters , if you ask the question on the forum search facility these will come up.

The cut off period for when there has been no outgoing changeable activity or top up is 180 days . Vodafone would have sent a text notification after 90 days of inactivity requesting you to make an outgoing call or text to avoid disconnection.

If this is what has happened it will be impossible to reconnect the SIM to the network. 

Well worth dropping the Social Team a message through social channels,  they will be able to look at the account and advise further. 

I saw the previous questions and suggestion to ask the social team.  Not sure how to contact the social team.

I definitely did not get any message from Vodafone on my phone or email.

Janey

Hi @kev_winters As @AnnS said a Pay as you go number is usually deactivated if there hasn't been at least one chargeable activity - like sending a text or topping up - for 180 days.

My team would be more than than happy to look into this and see if we can get your number back. You can reach us on our social channels here.

Thank you for the replies.  I was able to get the phone number reactivated again through the technical support team.

It took 30 minutes but that is nothing compared to the time it would take if i had to try provide a new mobile number to banks and service providers.