Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rubbish App

Charcharlp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

What is going on with Vodafone and the useless app.  Stopped working for me last year and guess what it’s not working again - error 4300.  Yes I’ve reset everything, deleted old versions of the app blah blah blah as advised by Vodafone and it still doesn’t work, yes I can still view my account if I log in via the web, but it’s a faff.  Please don’t ask me to clear anything, uninstall etc as I’ve done it all and sick of being told the same thing by Vodafone.  I have raised a complaint as it’s been over 6 weeks now and all I keep getting is a weekly phone call from Vodafone saying they are still working on resolving the issues - it’s been passed to the IT team.  
Seriously Vodafone sort it out!

12 REPLIES 12

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Charcharlp I'm not going to ask you to clear or uninstall anything, but what I do want to ask for a better understanding is; What MyVodafone App version do you currently have installed and are you still able to log in online via the website, since the app issue started 6 weeks ago? 

10.9 - always have error code 4300 

And yes I can log in to my account online.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Charcharlp Thanks for confirming! Can you try the following for me and let me know how you get on:

• Reset your password via our My Vodafone login page from a computer/laptop/tablet
  • Copy the temporary password both times this is requested when logging in online (please ensure this is copied and pasted in both boxes it's requested, as any cookies on your browser will autofill this to a previous password and won't resolve this for you)
  • Once reset via your desktop, you should then be able to login through the app

Nope that doesn’t work.  Reset password on computer. Opened app on phone still get same error message.  Yes I uninstalled app first and the installed again once I’d reset password.

The app doesn’t even ask for username and password, so why would changing it have made a difference?!

Vodafone, can you at least explain what the problem is? No one has actually said ? It’s pretty ridiculous that so many people appear to have a problem with the app and don’t get any response from you, or are told they can leave Vodafone if they are not happy!  

I have two other iPhones (sons) also with Vodafone and their apps are fine, exactly the same version as the one that doesn’t work for me 10.9.

Please can you just give a straight response as to what 4300 is and what causes it? Like other users I am going round and round in circles.  No I am not going to contact you through Twitter, Facebook etc to get this looked at as I have already done that and I will just be saying the same boring thing over and over and then told to do this that and the other, which I’ve already done soooooo many times!

It seems like you don’t actually care and just like fobbing people off! 

Or take days and days to respond !

perhaps by doing this you think people will just give up.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Charcharlp The only other option we have, is to look at this on an account level. If you're not prepared to discuss this privately over Twitter/Facebook, then there's not a lot we can do to progress the query. We need to look into your access specifically, which requires exchanging sensitive details. The forum isn't somewhere where we can do so securely.

I’ve already raised a complaint which I assume is being looked at, so do not see the point of having to go through it all again with someone via fb or Twitter.

This happens quite frequently with the app, for lots of people so it would be good to know what the actual problem is (not just with my account) what error 4300 actually means!

This forum is not really a place where I am going to get help is it.