Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WINTERDATA offer (PAYT)

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me out with the Winter Data Offer that has been running from November and runs till end of January 2022

So thanks to a speeding car crashing into my local cabinet, my entire village's phone and broadband was wiped out overnight. My landline provider (BT) are sending a mini-hub as it looks like we'll be out for up to 8 days (this crash has made a real mess).

Sadly, EE isn't great in this area but Vodafone is. So not overly worried as have Vodafone pay monthly sim's in all handsets and iPads so all good. 

The only exception are the children, they have iPads and iPhones but not yet at the age where they use them (not far off sadly) so have a couple of pay as you go sims in the handsets. 

Decided today to apply a £10 top to each handset but had seen the promotion of 5 x the data amount meaning a £10 package (that usually gives 5GB) would give 25GB (which they could also use to tether their iPads)

Read the instructions that say:

winter payt.png

So I send the text WINTERDATA to 49500 as per the instruction above (point 2 for existing customers)

The reply says "Sorry, we haven't been able to add extra data. To find out more about this offer and check who's eligable, head to www.vodafone.co.uk/winterpromo or call 191 for more info"

I assume this is perhaps because I've not recharged so I applied £10 and the bundle, all is good.

Sent the text again, got the same reply (on both of the numbers by the way)

So before I reach out for assistance, I thought I'd post here as sure you'll keep me right if I've missed something that's glaringly obvious

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

All sorted!

Despite the messages indicating the offer wasn't valid, they texted an hour ago to confirm the 25GB has been added to each line so we're all good 👍

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

donnyguy

All sorted!

Despite the messages indicating the offer wasn't valid, they texted an hour ago to confirm the 25GB has been added to each line so we're all good 👍