cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is my credit zero when I topped up £10 last month and haven't made any calls?

Pelic
1: Seeker

Why is my credit zero when I topped up £10 last month and haven't made any calls?

I'm semi-disabled and housebound so only got the phone for emergencies. I paid in £10 top up on June 1, 2023. Just checked and it's zero! Yet I've not used the phone! Why? I can't find any info about how PAYG works. Far as I can tell the phone is still working.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I suspect what has happened @Pelic is you are opted into a 30 day Big Value Bundle and Vodafone used the top up towards the purchase of the bundle.

If you don't want the bundle the trick is to opt out before topping up by calling 2345 and following the prompts, obviously you wouldn't be expected to know this.  

Not sure if there would be anything Vodafone would be able to do to help by refunding your credit and making sure you are opted out of BVB's and are on on PAYG 1 rates but no harm asking Customer Services the question.  If you use Social Media, there is also the Social Team through social channels here: Contact Us 

Also see here: How PAYG works 

Thanks, CC,

I'll check out those links.