Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

transfe rdata to new phone

Johnh29
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Old phone has standard Sim card new phone has Micro sim  how can I transfer data and Can I keep my old number

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS and Band of Brothers Thank you for your advice and Help,  I tried backing up but my phone, but it  has given up on me by just does a  vibrate and Lock up after a few seconds so with patient  managed to write my contacts and numbers down  then tried a factory reset , but still the same  happening. So new phone being ordered, Chosen The G9  mainly for the camera  while walking my dog many opportunities, the advantage of living in the country . Will go for the new number for less nuisance calls and just have to inform the essential people Again Thank You for your help

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that you've changed providers @Johnh29 😔 If there is anything we can do, please let us know! Stay safe 🌈

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hey again @Johnh29 

Thank you for your reply to my question.

So with Android I'm assuming you've backed up your data which means when you get your new phone you can opt to set it up using that back up.

You can also go into your Playstore and MyLibrary and download your apps that way.

In regards to your sim card I'm assuming they are asking £25 for technical assistance such as setting up the phone.

Tech-Team-Services explains this service.

Vodafone Stores don't charge for initiating a Sim Swap in-house.

The member of staff may have been confused or not fully understood what support you required.

Consider re visiting and explaining you don't need Tech Team Service's via an appointment.

You just need them to do a simple Sim Swap.

You can do this at home but you do need a Blank Sim Card from customer services to do this.

sim swap. 

Once you've sim swapped then turn the phone Off and On periodically as this helps the process complete.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.