Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

01709 917461 said they were Vodafone

dutyhog2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

01709 917461 said they were Vodafone when calling me on 15th March. They are not on the list of official numbers, so I didn't want to deal with them (making some sort of free offer that would cost me £10 a month!).  Can anything be done to list them if they are genuine or ban them if not?

Gordon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dutyhog2 You're absolutely right, this isn't on our list of recognised numbers. I'm going to feed this back so it can be looked into and we can find out for definite what needs to happen. If it needs to be added to our list we'll be sure to do this, if not the necessary actions will be taken to stop future calls. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 😊 

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

I get calls from 01709 917441 . I don't answer a nd they never leave a message.  I've had at least 1 call per day for the last week.  They are nothing if not persistent.  Why does Vodafone's pass customer details to them.  Have they never heard of GDPR.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Irenaekl I've checked this number against our list and can see that this looks to be our Sales team calling. They'll be getting in touch regarding products and services, that may be of interest to you 😊
If you wish to no longer receive these types of calls, please opt out by texting 'Stop Phone' to 9774. 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

This is frankly crazy.

@Colleen tells us the number is on some list that we aren't permitted to see, while the publicly available list doesn't include it - https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Calling-and-messaging/Nuisance-calls-and-texts/3891...

The only hope of restoring any faith is for the Sales Team, if it is them, to stop using this thoroughly discredited number.

If you have access to your online account, then, under Account Settings, you'll find Marketing Preferences, where you can fine-tune exactly what marketing contacts you permit Vodafone to make with you.

They're harrassing me no end. Considering what they are supposed to be talking about is trivia and my contract doesn't end until Oct they're a pain in the extreme

adthater
1: Seeker

I had a call from this number friday saying i had earnt discounts on vodafone contract, did i have a smart tablet. they could offer one for £3.50 per week connected.

when i asked them who they were ie Vodafone or an agent he stated Vodafone. i asked him to email the deal and he said he wasnt allowed but kept asking for bank details.

really need to stop these idiots as the number of people being duped must be high

@dutyhog2 wrote:

01709 917461 said they were Vodafone when calling me on 15th March. They are not on the list of official numbers, so I didn't want to deal with them (making some sort of free offer that would cost me £10 a month!).  Can anything be done to list them if they are genuine or ban them if not?

Gordon

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Sometimes it's on the official list of numbers. Sometimes, like now, it isn't.

Maybe sometimes it's fraudsters and sometimes it isn't? Or maybe it's just abysmal staff training, but even that doesn't leave us much wiser whether the answer is yes or no.