Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3 months Very Rewards Amazon prime offer error

Sa123
3: Seeker

Hello,

I am trying to activate the Amazon Prime offer through the Very Me / Entertainment portal, but it is giving me an error that says 'oh dear - we'll return you back to the home page'.

I am chatting to the Vodafone social media team on Twitter and have been told to try various things - like delete browser cache, try different browsers, make sure the charge to bill option is turned off, to make sure I don't already have a Prime subscription etc. But it's still giving me the error.

Whenever I receive a reply from the team on Twitter it's always a different person that responds and they ask me the same questions that I've previously replied to. They've even tried telling me that this offer isn't for the Basics plan customers. I have contacted the live chat advisors but they don't have much information on the issue.

Is there anyone else that I can contact about this?

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

Before you do anything, you need to ensure that you don't already have Prime up and running.  If you already have Prime, then you'll get an error when you try to take the offer.

I don't have a prime subscription on my Amazon account. I've never had one on this account, including a free trial.

CrimsonLiar

The only other thing I can think of is that it's been mentioned this is only available on contract and not on PAYG - beyond that being the issue you'll need to speak to VFs social media teams!

Thanks, I don't seem to be getting anywhere with the social media team. I am on a pay monthly plan.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thanks, I've already tried them suggestions.

I've received a reply from the social media team on X and they say I'm not eligible for the offer. This is their response...

'I do understand this must be frustrating, however as my colleague has mentioned above, this reward is not available on the basics plans. Please scroll to the bottom of the page

https://vodafone.co.uk/mobile/vodafone-basics

and see "What's not included"

"Premium calls starting 09, Premium messages, MMS, M-Pay (or mobile payment software), and calls and outgoing messages with adult content are barred" As the trial falls into the category "M-Pay", your plan doesn't have the compatibility with this, as it isn't a standard Pay Monthly plan. I apologise for the confusion around this, I'll put this as feedback to the VeryMe team to make sure this doesn't happen in future

Anna'

CrimsonLiar

Yup, I had the offer which rand out a few days back, so it can work, but it was a bit of a faff!  Playing the offers on Prime I have it probably for 4-5 months per year, but other than pre-Xmas a couple of times I'm not going to pay full price for it!
*I'm cheap, we have a revolving door of streaming services here, use it while it's cheap and then drop until the next offer comes in!

Sa123

Can anyone confirm if they're on a Vodafone Basics plan and have been able to activate the Amazon Prime offer?