Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G no internet, no service and constantly on E since 3G shutdown

Rxbski
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ever since the 3G shutdown, I have been getting 4G no internet in most places that never before, even if I have full bars 4G or even 5G, it just doesn’t work at all! Vodafone customer service don’t care in the slightest as it’s “good” on their end, and also in areas where I used to get amazing 4G or 3G I now only get EDGE connection, no service or just 0 bars. I’ve raised the complaint with Vodafone 3 times and nothings been done to fix the faults. 
I’ve switched to E-sim, tried it on both a Samsung galaxy s23 ultra and a iPhone 14 Pro, I’ve configured all my APN settings and done the basic troubleshooting and I still get no connection it’s unbearable. My signal does work sometimes, but only in limited areas, I feel like a o2 user.
If anyone had a fix to this I would be so greatful. Thank you

41 REPLIES 41

Timeweasel
4: Newbie

I have exactly the same problem in Dorking, Surrey. While not on wifi, although it show that there is a 4g signal, there is never any internet connectivity. I went into the Vodafone store and they said that they are getting countless complaints about the same thing recently.

What is the most effective method of complaining about this? I'm not getting the service that I'm paying for.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lee_Paul I can imagine that this was frustrating while away. With you mentioning our Network Status Checker, doesn't show any reported faults for that area and if it's showing there should have been a better coverage than what you were getting, if you go there and this happens again, then please send us a message on Social Media. We can then take some examples and look into this further. @Timeweasel - please enter your postcode onto our Network Status checker -  Down the left-hand side, you’ll see the option to select 4G and 5G. This will show you the predicted coverage and if you click the ‘Data speed info’ option, it shows the expected speeds for where you are. If you're finding this to be different than what you're getting, then please message us on one of our Social channels and we'll take a closer look. 

Hi @Gemma, thanks for you response. I did check the network checker and it shows a mix of good outdoor coverage and good indoor / outdoor coverage. The issue isn't the signal as I explained the signal was good. The issue is that data was non existant. The network checker shows download speed of 48mbps in Chatsworth and 37mbps in Bourton on the water but there was no data throughput at all. My partner was also unable to use data on her phone which was a different brand. Hopefully this is sorted before my contract ends or I'll be off. It's ever since the 3G has been switched off 

Timeweasel
4: Newbie

It says I should be getting good service, but this is not the case. I travel around the local area a lot for business. We're in a good sized town, and almost always no data connection.

Unless the status checker is saying the speed I should be getting is "No internet" then it's not what I'm getting, and this has been the case for at least a month.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for checking this @Timeweasel - please message us on Social Media and we'll take a closer look at what's happening with your data. 

I'm trying that on Facebook, but getting no response so far. I'll keep trying, but only when connected to wifi!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Timeweasel - As soon as you've sent us a message. One of us will be in touch as soon as we can. 

Hi please post back with any info from vodafail but from past experience they never resolve any signal/network issues only send you in circles hoping you jump off the roundabout.  Sorry for the negatively just experience 

I've done what I was told, posted a message to social media (5 hours ago) and received no reply at all, so I suspect you are right.

I should clarify that the network check says good signal for 4g, which is obviously the one with the problem. There is no 5g coverage at all here.