Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Advice on contract

Kcullen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m currently with Vodafone, my contract ends the beginning of next month. I’ve got a better quote off Carphone warehouse, but with Vodafone service still. Do I need to ring up Vodafone and cancel my contract, or because I’ll be going through Carphone warehouse with Vodafone will it automatically update?

Hope this makes sense

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kcullen 

You can go into Carphone Warehouse and upgrade through them and keep your current mobile number.

carphonewarehouse.com/upgrades. 

Make sure they upgrade you and not get you to take out a new contract.

They prefer to do this as a new contact is more beneficial to them financially.

Or ring 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option and speak to the Vodafone Retentions Department and see if they'll give you a similar deal.

If you go with Carphone Warehouse then discounts such as VEA Employer's Discount isn't available.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS

Absolutely @BandOfBrothers but as we know when the demand is there for the latest phone there won't be much given away in the way of a discount when there are no problems selling the device at the full price.  In order to get any reduction in price means going for a lower spec phone.

BandOfBrothers

That indeed can be the case @AnnS  with a flagship model, however from past experience and threads on this forum it always appears to be Apple and their iPhone flagships that networks tend to be tight with.

This is thought its because Apple always cut a tight margin when selling their iPhone's to networks.

The s21 Ultra 5G was launched January 2021 so it's now been available for quite a while so deals hopefully will be forthcoming as it won't be long before we see a Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra 5G  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Kcullen 

You can go into Carphone Warehouse and upgrade through them and keep your current mobile number.

carphonewarehouse.com/upgrades. 

Make sure they upgrade you and not get you to take out a new contract.

They prefer to do this as a new contact is more beneficial to them financially.

Or ring 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option and speak to the Vodafone Retentions Department and see if they'll give you a similar deal.

If you go with Carphone Warehouse then discounts such as VEA Employer's Discount isn't available.

Current Phone  >

Thank you so much for taking time to reply, much appreciated