Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

And another "Happy" customer with services cut off

VB43
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Switched to Vodafone recently, and transferred my number successfully (according to Vodafone email) 14/04/2023. Then swap sim to esim 17/04/2023. Success esim activated in seconds. 
In next few day found mu number "not recognised" from other networks/countries and "Call failed" from Vodafone UK network. All other services were fine including ability receive texts. Spent 3 and half hours with Chat team on Monday 24/04/2023. During chat I was assured services will be restored in 24 or 48 hours (!). They sent two orders: set bar on all services and the unbar all services for my number. Mean while my sim can't be registered on Vodafone network since Monday 24/04/2023 morning. Guess what? That orders were not started even next day. Thanks to local Vodafone people "Split Service" ticket were raised. Now it's Friday and I don't know what happening and estimated time for problem resolving. Looking that forum I can see several cases when people were cut off network instead of getting help. Is it Vodafone way to deal with customers? Or just selected customers? Ticket number WCP0000000300861216. 

4 REPLIES 4

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You won’t get any help here… Vodafone will tell you to contact their social media team! I think you’re in for a long hard fight to get your services up an running - 24 hours, 24 hours… two weeks later and you will be told 24 hours. Good luck! 🤞🏻

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I am going to disagree with the answer from @WelshPaul , by coming to the forum you have found the best place to get this solved.  I would strongly recommend speaking to the Social Team on this link Contact Us through social channels, the Team are part of Customer Relations and will have a lot more success than going through Customer Service channels.   When you contact the Team they will be in a good position to find out what is happening with your case number  

From what you have written I am wondering if the problems are connected to the eSIM transfer which has failed, it might be worth visiting a Vodafone Store and asking them to activate a standard SIM for the number and see if it works and repeat the process for transferring to eSIM.

The only thing to be aware of if it turns out to be a split port, numbers don't port over a weekend and you may be looking at Monday.

If you would prefer to go the complaints process follow this link: Complaints 

Can't agree with you. Why should I use other private companies services to solve Vodafone UK problem?
It clear:
- Vodafone emails me number transferred successfully (which is not true)
- today (29th) is 6th day since  I'm  without Vodafone services.
- spent hours on chats and visits to Vodafone shop
- no help from Vodafone

and after all I should register in third-party websites to get problem solved? Sounds strange to me.

UPDATE:

- Phisical SIM (which I got Tuesday 25th morning) finally activated

- all services Ok

- Swapped to eSIM, 

So five working days w/o services. It was fast comparing to other customer story I found. In his case it takes 2 weeks.