Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Annual Upgrade Promise

luke_h88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My contract includes a free annual upgrade promise. I’ve just looked to do this, and Vodafone are saying I need to either continue paying monthly for my current handset or pay it off in full, alongside paying for a new handset. So I can have a new contract, but then I’d be paying for 2 handsets alongside it. 

last time I upgraded, I simply sent the existing handset back to them, but Vodafone have said they don’t do this anymore. Has anyone else experienced this or got any advice?

This seems crazy - how is it a free annual upgrade if I have to pay off my current phone before getting an upgrade?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

You will be on an Evo contract @luke_h88 

The phone you are currently using will be on a credit agreement, like all loans they have to be repaid, if you are going to take a new credit agreement for a new device you will still need to continue paying the first agreement or pay it off.

The upgrade promise is based on trading in your old phone here: Trade In  where you will be give a guaranteed trade in price. when taking a new phone and airtime contract during 7 days of receiving the quote. 

If you are able to pay off the device part of the contract, you will be released from the airtime part of the contract and will be free to take out a new phone and airtime contract.  If you refer to the FAQ's on the Evo link from the website this is explained here: Evo 

If you are going the Trade In route, consider selling the device privately, you will get a lot than going through Vodafone.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

You will be on an Evo contract @luke_h88 

The phone you are currently using will be on a credit agreement, like all loans they have to be repaid, if you are going to take a new credit agreement for a new device you will still need to continue paying the first agreement or pay it off.

The upgrade promise is based on trading in your old phone here: Trade In  where you will be give a guaranteed trade in price. when taking a new phone and airtime contract during 7 days of receiving the quote. 

If you are able to pay off the device part of the contract, you will be released from the airtime part of the contract and will be free to take out a new phone and airtime contract.  If you refer to the FAQ's on the Evo link from the website this is explained here: Evo 

If you are going the Trade In route, consider selling the device privately, you will get a lot than going through Vodafone.