Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade

Mike280116
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If Vodafone tells you when renewing your contract you get an annual upgrade which is a new phone for free of charge do not take this. I was told 12 months ago if I renew my contact I would be entitled to it. So I renewed my contact thinking this and guess what??? 12 months later I was told I can’t have it and they apologise for saying this to me. Now they have they tied me into a 24 month contract and won’t let me leave for free after mis selling to me. I was told from 3 advisors I would get this. Also I was told to shut up by an advisor. Also notes have magically disappeared when I called 3 months before my update and the recording as disappeared. So be careful when renewing your contract they will sell anything to you but won’t give it you just so you sign that contract!!! 

5 REPLIES 5

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Mike280116 👋 I'm sorry for the conflicting information you've had about this. 

The Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise isn't something we're able to offer to new customers - however, for those customers who took this offer out with their last contract, you should still be eligible for this. 

Whilst we're not able to process upgrades (or an sales) via social media, we'd love to look into it further to see what's happening. So we can securely take your details, please speak to my team over Facebook or Twitter :Smart_Phone: and if you include a link back to your Community post, you won't need to repeat things either. 

thanks for the reply I’m not a new customer been with use for 3 years now and was told on my last Annual upgrade I would get the same in December 2022 and when the date came was told they won’t do it now. I explained they should still honour this as at the time use still did it. It’s not my fault use stopped doing it during the year of my annual upgrade. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

As an existing customer, you should still be able to take advantage of this if you took out a previously eligible plan @Mike280116 

If you'd like us to check it for you, please get in touch as I've mentioned above. 

I don’t have Facebook or twitter only instagram sorry. Is there another way to contact you to look into this. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mike280116 We need to take your account details securely, to then double check your plan. Please contact Live Chat or try us again by calling 191 free from a Vodafone mobile. I'm sorry if you've already done this.