cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another new contract new phone questions!

jo46
2: Seeker

I have looked but no answer is exactly the same!  I am out of contract and want to get a new iPhone on black Friday but still with vodafone keeping the same number . I know that I will get a better deal with a 3rd party.  I have done this before but I was naive last time and didn't realise you had to give 30 days notice even it you're out of contract.  

So, I will terminate my contract around the end of October to give a months notice but then what do I do?

Is it best to do the 'GiffGaff' sim thing that I've read about - that seems to be only right if you just want a new contract.  Anyway, I've asked the question, hope you can help.  Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Bear in mind that if you cancel your contract, you'll lose your number.   Most 3rd party deals are for new connections, not upgrades, so you'll need to transfer your existing number to PAYG and then PAC it into the new contract once it's set up.

Thank you.  Thats my question really.  I know it won't be an upgrade but once I cancel my contract I thought my number stays with me I just can't make calls on my 'old' phone?

What are the steps I will need to take so that I can take my number with me.  I'm not the most technical person so when you say you'll have to transfer your existing number to PAYG - how will I do that?

jo46

Going through a third party to get a better deal is done all the time and a search of the forum will bring up previous threats with helpful information.      

I had looked but none were exactly the same which is why I asked about the Giff-Gaff thing.

If you are out of contract no need to give 30 days notice  now. Port out with a PAC to any other network and back in on the third party contract.  

Has that changed since last year then?  How do I port out with a PAC?

Sorry to be so challenging!!!!

I did a lot of searching before putting my question on but until someone answers like you have with helpful information it really is hard to understand exactly what you can do!

Thank you very much.

One last question. When I said I was out of contract what I meant is that I’m past the 24 months of my contract I still pay monthly. With this situation do I still not have to give 30 days 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey,

No - the rules have since changed.

If you're out of contact and leave using the PAC code then the service and agreement ends on that date meaning it's more likely than not you'll have prepaid some extra days (you're billed a month ahead) that'll be refunded on your final bill 

Thank you. 

I spoke to vodafone yesterday.  They said we still had to give 30 days.  Just thought I would let you know.

You can't edit your answer!  Is this the difference between telling them your changing to another vodaphone contract and changing to a different network/or leaving  for a day?