Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Appalling upgrade and customer service

scottb88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My problem has been going on for 2 and a half weeks now!

It started when I tried to upgrade my phone on September 13th and is still ongoing.

I upgraded to the iPhone X and chose home delivery then when the time slot came through I changed my delivery slot to be delivered to a nearby shop the next day as I wasn’t going to be in to sign for the phone. The next day I collected the phone only to find I had been sent a Samsung Galaxy a8 on O2 through Carphone Warehouse! I went to the Vodafone store to get it sorted and was told I had to ring 191 to sort it out as it wasn’t their phone. I spent the next 3 hours on the phone (mainly on hold) trying to sort the problem. By this time I had decided to change my upgrade to newly announced iPhone Xs as the deal offered was actually cheaper than what I had been sold only to be told that I couldn’t cancel the upgrade and start a new upgrade until they had received the phone back (let’s not forget that I did not receive the phone or know where on earth it was!)

Over the next week I rang 191 almost every day and spoke to Live Chat numerous times only to be repeatedly told that they couldn’t find it with DPD and I couldn’t cancel my contract. In the end it was agreed that I should send the Samsung back to them via a prearranged DPD pick up. I packaged up the phone and DPD collected it. 

I rang every day to see if the phone had been delivered but kept getting nowhere. Eventually I took it upon myself rang DPD myself and explain the situation and they agreed to open an investigation. They also told me that Vodafone had signed for the returned phone 9 days previously!!! I have no idea why I was lied to constantly for 9 days?

Eventually I was able to close the open order and cancel the upgrade. I was promised a vastly reduced upgrade to apologise. When I was put through to the upgrade team I was informed that they couldn’t give me the deal that I was offered and that they were trying to upgrade me to the iPhone X again and not the iPhone Xs that I had asked for. 

I reluctantly accepted a much worse offer for the iPhone X as I was told I would get no reduction for the iPhone Xs. I’d had enough by that time and just wanted to get a phone (I use my phone heavily for business and not only did I not have my new phone but I’d spent around 7-8 hours on the phone to 191 alone!! 

I specifically went with the upgrade on the iPhone X as it meant I could go to my local store on Friday 28th September and collect it. We checked that they had stock and I was repeatedly told that I would able to collect it the same day. I took the rest of the day off work and went to the store only to be told they had no stock and that the phone was actually going to be delivered to the store on Saturday - unbelievable. Saturday came and went with more phone calls and empty promises from 191 and Live Chat that the phone would 100% be ready for collection today (Monday 1st October). Today I have rung the store multiple times including just before the store closed and they do not have my phone. I have photographic evidence of these promises on Live Chat and that the promise that if it wasn’t ready for collection today then I would be heavily compensated. 

Tonight I rang 191 only to be told that Apple deliver on Mondays and Thursday and therefore my phone *should* be ready for collection on Thursday.

I have completely had enough of broken promises, blatant lies and lengthy phone calls and have now decided to cancel my upgrade and take my business elsewhere. Only to be told that I couldn’t cancel until I received the phone and send it back (again!!) 

Eventually after around 45 minutes on hold and numerous transfers I was told that they would try and cancel the upgrade and somebody would be in contact within 48 hours (pigs might fly) to terminate the contract.

In the mean time I have been without phone for 2 and a half weeks, spent hours upon hours taking to Live Chat and 191 and had the privilege of having £167 taken from my bank account for a phone Innever received! 

Absolutely shocking from from start to finish and a completely unacceptable way to treat a customer that is trying to sign a £1500 contract!

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm really disappointed to see you've had this kind of experience with us @scottb88. I'm sure we'll be abel to resolve you issue and take whatever course of action you'd like us to take regarding your order. We'll also be happy to feedbck any errors made by advisaers to prevent this from happening in the future. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please contact us through this private message and we'll be in touch.