Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Billing

queenie1985
2: Seeker

Vodafone this month have decided to bring my billing date forward by 9 days, effectively charging me twice this month! Have they done this to anyone else? I can't afford to pay nearly £130 at once, and the date they have requested is the wrong time of the month for me in terms of pay. Are they legally allowed to do this?! It seems like I'm being used to boost their end of year profits and I don't appreciate it 😦  I can't chat to an advisor for love nor money, and I requested a call back and of course it hasn't happened. I have currently cancelled my Direct Debit to Vodafone as I can't pay two bills at once. Will they sort this out for me? My husband is also on Vodafone and we've had endless problems with them recently.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The fastest route would be support on 191 @queenie1985 

No idea why they would change a date.

Some additional information here Managing-my-Direct-Debit/Can-I-change-my-Direct-Debit-online.

and Can-I-change-the-date-I-pay-my-bill.

However cancelling the direct debit is something although  I understand why you've done that but if the Bill's are not paid and Vodafone feel they've exhausted all means of.collection they can and will engage debt collection agencies and add a default to your credit File that lasts 6 years. This is in the extreme to add balance.

We.do also have a Vodafone Social Media Teams here who have account access and maybe also able to help once they've caught up with your thread.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @queenie1985 

That is really strange, unless you have changed your contract in any way, the billing date should remain the same. 

Please don't cancel your direct debit, Vodafone will only flag you up as a risk.  The forum team will get to the thread and provide the necessary account access and they will get this solved for you.

Don't worry, I'm planning to pay my normal bill on 6th as I always have done, just not the double bill that they now want to collect on 26th when I'll likely have no funds. I did ring 191 but they were busy so I requested a call back in turn. This was about an hour ago.

Getafix
16: Advanced member

If you post a copy your Bill then Someone will clarify what you have been charged.

Make sure you remove all personal information is redacted. like your Name/MobileNumber/Address.

I have been charged for march and April together. Haven't missed any bills. Last payment paid on 6th Feb. 

Getafix

If you are sure that is the case, then call 191 and ask them to correct the Bill.

That is the only advice I can give unless can see the Bill.

Gaz71

I have had the same today. Phoned up and said they have changed the billing from 30 days to 24 days. Absolute joke. I have a payment for last month going out on the 8th march and then March's bill going out on the 27th so two bills in 19 days and have two numbers on the account. 

Yes they have done exactly the same to me. I'm so miffed with them.  I have 2 numbers too and can't afford it. My hubby thinks they are trying to get their end of year profits up. I don't understand how they're allowed to get away with it. I have 2 kids under two and we really struggle financially. I only have two numbers because my other phone broke :Sad_face: 

hrym

A 24 day billing cycle doesn't sound right and doesn't correspond to any kind of regularity,   28 days (4 weeks), I could understand, but I haven't seen anything about that.

I did once have a billing date change, but I'm fairly certain I had advance notice and it remained the same (my bills come on the same date each month) after the change.