Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CCJ ORDER ON DEBT I DIDNT OWE

tamarawade
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

In Nov 21 I had a CCJ placed on my credit report for a debit i did not owe. I was not even made aware about it until i’ve checked now in 2024 about to start renting! 

I closed my account with vodaphone once my contract had ended in September 2021 and I had paid everything. Yet vodaphone didn’t process it as closed and the following months tried to take payments to a direct debit that had been closed. 1 month later without warning I had a CCJ on my account.

It has been 3 years since and naturally I don’t have many if any letters from vodaphone from that time asking for payment and I don’t recall getting more than 1. Then in February 2022 i get a letter from CCS asking for 21.99 that i supposedly owed vodaphone so I paid that immediately. 

I need this CCJ taken off as it was unfairly added and unjustified. I didn’t owe the amount and this will affect my future now that i need to rent and possibly get a mortgage. This is on my account until 2027. 

Please get me in touch with the credit team in vodaphone. I have seen that many others have been affected by this and it is ridiculous. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Also contact one of the credit houses and ask if a Notice of Correction can be applied if applicable @tamarawade 

Vodafone Customer Services can pass this to their Credit File Team to be investigated and or the Team via Facebook or X. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tal

Hi @tamarawade. I'm very sorry to hear you about the mark on your credit file. Please get in touch with us by messaging our team via FacebookX (formerly Twitter), or Instagram.

When reaching out to us via these channels we'll request a little information before directing you to a member of our Social Media team.

When messaging our team through any of the above platforms, please include a link to your Community post along with your Community username.

Our team will be able to see your query through the link, meaning you won’t need to repeat your question again.

If you don’t have an account with Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), or Instagram you can speak with one of our advisers on Live Chat. They’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any questions you have about your account or via the phone - 0333 3040 191.

The team will speak to the Credit File team and see what options we have to help get this fixed for you.