Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I get an email sent from vodafone? live chat not working

rgamage
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I was sorting out something on the phone with Vodafone and I asked for an email confirmation - the person then told me this is not possible, and as a workaround, advised me to fire up a chat window from the Vodafone website and ask the chat agent to copy and paste the confirmation note left on my account so I can then get the chat emailed to me.

The problem is, the chat button at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/ never appears (trust me, I've been trying for a week everyday) and I cannot chat on the phone app because I've lost my sim card and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive. 

Can someone here help me get an email with the note in my account or initiate a chat? I've turned to the forum becuase it is quite urgent. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member

Okay, so you should be able to get someone to send you a confirmation e-mail with this type of information if you call back in.

I understand why the previous agent may have asked you to go via web chat as they might not have had access to be to send you an e-mail. 

You will likely be quicker to call Vodafone.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

T_Scarface_M

Hi @rgamage

What kind of confirmation are you looking for?

If you call Vodafone back up then someone there will be able to send you an e-mail of confirmation for what you have requested. Some agent's don't have access to send e-mails but in certain departments some can. 

So basically I lost my phone and I asked Vodafone to backlist it. I then asked for them to send me a confirmation email with my phone's IMEI saying that the phone is blacklisted, and also the fact that I have been using the sim card associated with my number in the lost phone (with the same IMEI). The person told me he can't send such an email but he will put all that in a note and then someone can copy it over the chat so I can get the chat emailed to me.. 

T_Scarface_M

Okay, so you should be able to get someone to send you a confirmation e-mail with this type of information if you call back in.

I understand why the previous agent may have asked you to go via web chat as they might not have had access to be to send you an e-mail. 

You will likely be quicker to call Vodafone.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @rgamage

Unless you already have, the first thing to do is to complete the form on the link below, this will get you the information you need.

How do I get a proof of purchase, usage or barring?

As far as getting a replacement SIM is concerned, this is best done direct through a Vodafone Store, they will be able to give you a replacement SIM and transfer your number to the new SIM within the hour.  As your SIM will be barred, you need to raise this with the store to make sure any barring is removed with Customer Services.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@rgamage I'm sorry to hear about your phone 😞

As @AnnS said, if you need your proof of blacklisiting, or a proof or purchase, fill in the online form.

If you'd still like to contact us directly via email, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Please complete the form and a member of the team will be in contact, we'll then be able to access your account and double check anything that you're unsure of 😊