Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancellation process is an absolute nightmare

maralino
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I wanted to upgrade to an i phone 12 pro max but inadvertently upgraded to an i phone 12 pro.  

Within 2 hours of placing the upgrade realised my mistake and cancelled it online which was confirmed by the person I was communicating with. 

Later that day I received an email informing me that the phone I had cancelled had been dispatched and would be with me the next day.   I knew I wouldn't be in the next day so had it redirected to one of Vodafone's drop off points.

This was confirmed by email and informed me that when it got to the drop off point I would be sent a code to pick it up.  I live on the Isle of Wight and I then had another email to say that it had gone to Ipswich!!! and I would be informed of a new date to pick up the cancelled phone.

I received the new date, pick up the cancelled phone and went directly to the local Vodafone shop to return it.

I was in the shop that day for approximately 2.5 hours (I was there so long I got a parking ticket) and the assistant in the shop said it was all now sorted and I went home.

I then received an email saying that my upcoming bill would be higher than normal due to my new cancelled purchase.  The upcoming bill was double what I would normally have paid so back the shop I went.

This time I got to meet the manager who said that he would sort it out for me, went though everything, said what should have been cancelled was cancelled and there should be no new problems.

Guess what, on checking my bank account the amount that was double had been taken out so the next day back to the shop I went.

I got the original assistant as the manager wasn't in yesterday.  I was informed that it wasn't his fault as Vodafone has a new system that they are all getting to grips with it.  He couldn't refund my overpayment as he didn't have authority but would sent an email to his regional manager.  I asked for his name, I was given the name but no email as he said he wasn't allowed to give it out.  He would send an email to this manager and would call me this morning to update me on where we are at.  It is now 12.30pm and guess what, no phone call.

This has been ongoing since the 5th August and has cost me hours and hours and a payment for a parking ticket and a payment for a cancelled phone.

How can Vodafone have got it so wrong, you need to sort your systems out, get your systems talking to each other and train your shop staff.  

I am still out of pocket, still have the cancelled phone as registered to me and still waiting and and am now at the end of my tether.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Not a good experience at all @maralino 

If you do run into any issues acquiring a refund then your Banks Customer services maybe able to return the taken payment.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's are part of the Customer Resolution Team so should be able to help with the account side of things.

They can't help from here as there is no account access.

Instead use Twitter Dm or Facebook Messenger and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Complaints/code-of-practice. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.