cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ended, transferred number, what now?

lainas2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I wasn't sure which board to use. I got my Samsung phone 2 years ago from Carphone that came with a Vodafone contract. My contract ended yesterday and yesterday I got a monthly message that my bill is due on 4/6. I gave another network my PAC and today they transferred my number from Vodafone. My phone now shows up notification on top 'Sim 1 not provisioned' and I can't log in to my Vodafone to check the bill again. 

My question is, what happens now? do I need to take the sim out of the phone? Do I need to do anything? Like do I have to cancel my direct debit? Vodafone didn't email me anything. Never had a phone on contract so I'm in the dark. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @lainas2 

See here: Cancellation Scroll down for answers to your questions.

Late now but Vodafone recommend setting up an alternative contact number to receive the final bills, keep the direct debit open there may well be due a credit back to you and an account is needed to make the payment and take any further charges, Vodafone will cancel the DD.

Yes, @lainas2  remove the SIM, it's no longer active and the number has been ported out to your new provider.

As the phone came from Carphone it should already be unlocked and you only need to insert your new SIM and download the APN internet settings from your new provider.

Should I remove the sim card? 

Hi @lainas2, as mentioned by @AnnS the Vodafone SIM Card will not longer be in use once your number gets transferred to your new network. The service will remain activate with us until the transfer has fully completed, once this happens you will lose the service on your existing SIM Card, at this point we would recommend taking it out. 

It's really important that you keep the Direct Debit open so the finial bill can be paid if you're in debit, or any credit automatically returned to your bank if your account is in credit.