Ask

Solution

Credit check declined despite Excellent credit rating

deuchney
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I've seen many others post here about my exact problem:

I went to take out a pay monthly contract and got declined, despite a) being a current Vodafone customer and b) having an Excellent credit rating.

I've never been declined for credit in my life and it was such a shock. I've appealed it and made a complaint but nothing has changed. 

It really seems like Vodafone's software or credit check process is faulty, and they are incorrectly impacting responsible people's credit history. Could be a bit of a scandal?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

From what I understand Vodafones Systems say No and do not give a specific reason as to why an application has been declined. 

Have a word with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or X to ask if they can provide any further support. 

However if you've used the appeal option and raised a complaint then you may need to let that take its course, unless it has and they still have decided not to accept your application which as the end of the day is there option. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/privacy/credit-checks 

It is a conundrum if your credit score is good and your an existing Vodafone account holder who I assume has conducted their account with no issues. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I failed a check for a new iPhone. I appealed and they said it was a system error and to do it again. I did, it failed.

Nothing ever showed up at any of the CRAs to show a search had been done (as I was ready to complain if multiple attempts appeared)

I get the feeling it's just the usual Vodafone incompetence. They don't seem to care, they don't fix their errors, and are obviously happy losing money and letting punters buy elsewhere.

All Vodafone employees were interested in was putting in a new order as they are on commission and not interested in your existing order which you would assume would be used as they had all the details, had done some checks on, etc.