Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Credit Checking - Flawed Process

Wharfey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’m eligible for an upgrade and went to do so via the app but my credit check came back declined. I’ve a credit score of 1000/1000, never missed a payment for anything and also on the electoral role. I rang Vodafone who weren’t particularly helpful and then checked my credit report or recommended and saw no glaring issues or errors. 

I need a new phone as this one is on the blink but might be forced to go to EE or similar due to this awful experience that’s left a bad taste, further compounded by being left in the dark as to why Vodafone’s dodgy credit checking came back as declined. 

anyone else had a similar experience?

5 REPLIES 5

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You could try and appeal their decision, but they don't want your money, go elsewhere. Apple and Samsung do 0% deals, so do others. You will never be told why you failed as it would allow you to try and circumvent it next time.

The score you see on credit apps is meaningless.

Thank you. It just leaves a bad taste. Been with them over 6 years, never missed a payment, no obvious issues on my credit report but made to feel untrustworthy. It should be a lot easier than this. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

There can be many reasons you'd fail a credit check @Wharfey, it isn't just based on your credit score. If you'd like to appeal the decision, simply complete our online form and we'll let you know out decision in no more than 10 working days.

Thanks Mark. I know Vodafone won’t disclose why i failed. Is there anywhere I can get this information, please? So I can rectify this going forward as I need a new phone. 

@Wharfey You would need to speak to your credit reference agency such as Experian for this information, you can also appeal the decision of the credit check result by filling in this form https://www.vodafone.co.uk/creditcheckappeal/