Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed Credit Check

Hodman57
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Decided it was time to move from EE to Vodafone. Main reason was the low signal in my area. So, decided to go with Vodafone. Completed the order process for a Sim only deal and, to my surprise, my order was declined due to a failed credit check. When I say 'to my surprise' I actually mean shock since I've never been refuse credit by any retailer or anyone else. If anything my credit score should be exemplary. So, I appealed the decision and the response was that there were 'inconsistencies' with the information submitted with my application and their advice was to try again. I did, double and treble checking every detail. Well, failed again. So, if Vodafone can afford to throw potential customers away due to a flawed or ineffective credit check system, I might as well look at the competition. And, yes, my application to the competition went without any issues and I am now a new customer to another network. It seems I'm not the only one who's experienced the same issue, so, my assumption is that Vodafone isn't actually making credit checks but simply filtering out potential customers for unknown reasons or their application system needs looking into.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hodman57, thanks for considering taking out a connection with us! I do apologise for the issues you've faced with your credit check, it does sound like some information wasn't still matching up, which possibly caused the check to fail. You can find out more about our credit checks here. I understand that you've now taken another connection elsewhere but I do hope you will still consider us in the future.

jadesharp1992
4: Newbie

yes, Vodafone are very strict with their credit checks, it's very hard to get even just a sim only with them, it's crazy!