Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Erroneous sim swap nightmare

mamaks
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yesterday, early morning I decided to setup my new phone an iPhone 13. Everything seemed to transfer ok until I put in the sim from my old SE iPhone into the new phone. I received a text thanking me for requesting a sim swap and an e-sim transfer. None of which I requested. My old number attached to the sim card then stopped working and I could only use a new erroneous secondary number which was an esim that had suddenly appeared.

I contacted customer services who claimed this was a technical error and that they would cancel the request, cancel the new number, and reactivate my old sim card. This however could take up to 24 hours.  In the meantime, I couldn't use my number for any secure purposes and could not access the network as I now had no service.  This morning I still had no reception. So, I went to the Vodafone store. However, they could do little as the request was still open. I then came home and contacted customer services who confirmed the request was still open. Apparently, rarely, is it not completed in 24 hours. 

The agent then put in an open request form which apparently is for cases where the request has not been completed within 24 hours. He said it definitely would happen and then I would get service back but it could take again another 24 hours!

In the meantime, I again have no service for a second day running. I am thinking of getting a payg sim just to cover me until this is all resolved. However, this is all expense, inconvenience, and stress that I really did not need.  I have been offered a derisory £10 gift card as compensation but I have refused to accept this until the issue is resolved.

Is there any other advice that I could heed that would help resolve this sorry situation?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Ami

Hi there @mamaks. Thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry to hear you've been facing these issues and have struggled to get things sorted. Our social media team will be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you here and reach a resolution that you're happy with.