Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Evo Plans & Paypal Clarification

wharfedale66
7: Helper
7: Helper

I have noticed it mentioned within the community forum that Paypal provides the actual funding for Vodafone's Evo Plans. 

The reason I ask is usually the actual credit provider is mentioned within your agreement, normally in the small print at the bottom.  As an example I have a Post Office Credit Card but its actually just another branded Capital One product, although the Post Office provide their own benefits linked to the card account.

There is nothing on my Evo credit agreement that mentions Paypal at all.

I have done a quick check online & can't find any information about a relationship with Vodafone /Paypal in connection with Evo either?  (Apart from a Vodafone Business Add On called Paypal Now)

I am aware that Samsung allow you to buy via Paypal Credit (and Klarna) but I have seen nothing in connection to Vodafone.

Can anyone actually clarify this? Or have any information as to where they were made aware of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wharfedale66 

The 1st link leads to a post where a member asks the question about PayPal.

They were just querying if this could be the case.

The 2nd Link for me leads to an archived thread which isn't connected to the subject. 

I think the thread should be Pay-monthly/EVO-Plans-Be-Careful. Which discusses PayPal Credit and Klarna when purchasing direct from Samsung. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you link to where it states that information in the Community Forum @wharfedale66 

The first place I'd look is the evo terms and conditions page.

Edit...

I've had a little look and can't see any connection with PayPal or PayPal finance.

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers   I had to think where I had read it & do a quick search on the forum.

I found it mentioned in these threads

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Credit-check/m-p/2693627

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EVO-Plans-Be-Careful/td-p/268987

It's maybe a case of the the community members who posted was mistaken that Paypal underwrite the finance for Vodafone Evo, it's just no one corrected or clarified that statement, so I was thinking is this correct?

Not that I'm too bothered as its 0% interest anyway, just I'm no fan of Paypal

Hi @wharfedale66 

The 1st link leads to a post where a member asks the question about PayPal.

They were just querying if this could be the case.

The 2nd Link for me leads to an archived thread which isn't connected to the subject. 

I think the thread should be Pay-monthly/EVO-Plans-Be-Careful. Which discusses PayPal Credit and Klarna when purchasing direct from Samsung. 

Current Phone  >

Yeah I have obviously misunderstood the discussion. As I stated I'm not a great fan of Paypal due to issues many years ago. My bad mate, I saw Paypal + Underwriters & my internal alarm bell went of prematurely lol - thanks for the clarification 😉