Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Footbox.tv

Iamthejayjay
2: Seeker
Hi! Has anyone else received a message from Footbox.tv saying that they are now signed up to a £4 a week debit on their account???? I don’t know if this is a scam as I want to reply to stop it (but haven’t yet) I will contact Vodafone later to make sure this isn’t the case! Just wondered if anyone else has had this experience??
34 REPLIES 34

mrtotes, I appreciate your voice of reason, thank you. Well made points. My annoyance with Mark stemmed from what appeared to me to be Vodafone's first layer of their corporate defence, washing their hands of the matter by his suggestion that I had knowingly subscribed to footbox etc but forgotten that I had done so. 

If I have in fact made the necessary 2 consecutive clicks to subscribe, this will have come about via a misleading, dare I say dishonest presentation on screen cleverly designed to entrap people into a subscription without their knowledge nor true consent. 

I'd be interested to know whether anyone has actually chosen to subscribe to footbox? What service do they actually provide? I wonder how long such customers choose to continue subscribing? Actually, scratch that! I'm not interested at all. I know what I need to know already. Footbox get rich from immoral and dishonest means and sorry but I feel Vodafone are not blameless by collecting revenue on behalf of this company and others besides without independently verifying their "valued" customers are aware and have given informed consent.

hello.I paid an extra £ 16 for footbox.tv, while I have no idea how this is done. Can you please explain how I can avoid this? I'm paying extra every month without knowing why.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

If you haven't already @Guci, please follow the advice in @Colleen's post above. By contacting the third party directly, they'll help to resolve this. I'd also advise texting STOP and adding a premium rate text bar to your phone if you'd like to prevent any further subscriptions in the future.

Unfortunately, 

In my case, they refused to give me back the full refund of what they charged me over a YEAR!

I suspected Vodafone to be totally aware of this scam as they provided the service. When I called Vodafone, 

they assured me that I will be fully refunded and I am still waiting for it. 

😤

Micheladulxe

Hello,

It happened to me 2 days ago, my daughter pressed on some kind of link (she is 1!) and i have been charged. Can you tell me how did you contacte them, as i dont trust the telephone number ? 

Thanks michela

PipDrums
1: Seeker

I had a shock £16.00 added to my bill. 

First I sent  "stop footbox" as per the text. After checking I called from a landline  (just in case) the number given 0333 313 5013. Spoke to an operator. Explained that I hadn't knowingly subscribed  She read some text and arranged a refund by PayPal. She said 14 days max.

I'll keep you posted. 

Hello,

yes I did the same, called and arranged a post office refund ! 

Had my refund come through today!

Weirdly, I’m now seeing the adverts/click bait a lot on YouTube. 

ojmeg

Help please, I have also had a text message from Footbox TV...saying I have subscription at £4 per week.. I don't want to reply via text and be charged...I know some of you have experienced the same....Anyone got the email address ? so I can cancel that way ?  Thanks 

elbow22
1: Seeker

Same thing has happened to me. I have never signed up for this, no idea what it is.

I spoke to Vodafone 4 times to get it cancelled and the last time they assured me it was and a £20 credit would be applied to my bill, which hasnt appeared.

i instead rung the 0333 number and insisted they cancel and refund, whcih they instantly agreed to do, again they said it will take 14 days