main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Free SIM card for Ukrainian refugees

pepine
2: Seeker

My Ukrainian guest has a Vodafone SIM card issued by the Salvation Army which I understand to be preloaded with 20 Gb of data but she is unable to access the internet offline. Please advise how to activate the data.

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Just a quick question @pepine 

Is Mobile Data toggled On in the phone's settings. 

And does the phone have the correct Vodafone Apn settings?

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Journey-Get-help/1544828722/My-mobile-can-t-connect-to-the-internet. 

And texting WEB to 40127 gets the settings sent too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Phantom Black.

View more options
pepine

Thank you for the reply BandofBrothers, I’ve tried to use the link to check the APN settings but unfortunately there is no Samsung Galaxy model A9 (2018) shown in the list of models. Do you have any idea if the settings might be the same for another Samsung model?
thanks in advance

Pepine

View more options
AnnS

Hi @pepine 

All Android devices use the same APN settings, if you follow one of the other A devices, they should more or less be identical, they don't change.

As you are unable to find the device in device guides, there is a helpful video here: How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS) where you can watch in Android.

As this is a free SIM provided through a charity, I would have thought you need to select the pre paid (pp) APN. but I am sure a member of the Social Team will correct me if I am wrong.

I send my love to your Ukraine refugee.

View more options
pepine

My Ukrainian guest has a free Vodafone SIM card but cannot access the internet on her android phone although she is supposed to have 20gb free data each month. Can anyone help?

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Hi @pepine 

Assuming Mobile Data is turned On in the phone's settings and the apn settings are correct for Vodafone Data > text WEB to 40127 can have these sent and  > How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS. can help.

And all looks OK in the Myvodafone app  / Myvodafone online login.....

Then contact customer service via 191 or Live Chat or Speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll check the account.

Account Access isn't available via this forum.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Phantom Black.

View more options
AnnS

Dear @pepine 

We are not have much luck here, would have thought the correct APN settings would have solved the problem for your Ukrainian guest.

At this stage you need the account and phone checked, a Vodafone store would be able to check the phone and Customer Service channels through live chat or calling 191 will have the necessary account access. I am wondering if there is something at account level on bars where there may be an accidental restriction added for turning off mobile data.  If an account has been registered or the Application installed you check bars from there.

View more options
pepine

All resolved now - the issue was around setting the correct settings for the SIM card 2 as the original Ukrainian SIM card 1 was set up correctly but not the new one!!
Thank you to everyone for your help and patience.

View more options