Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free SIM card for Ukrainian refugees

pepine
2: Seeker

My Ukrainian guest has a Vodafone SIM card issued by the Salvation Army which I understand to be preloaded with 20 Gb of data but she is unable to access the internet offline. Please advise how to activate the data.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Just a quick question @pepine 

Is Mobile Data toggled On in the phone's settings. 

And does the phone have the correct Vodafone Apn settings?

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Journey-Get-help/1544828722/My-mobile-can-t-connect-to-the-internet. 

And texting WEB to 40127 gets the settings sent too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the reply BandofBrothers, I’ve tried to use the link to check the APN settings but unfortunately there is no Samsung Galaxy model A9 (2018) shown in the list of models. Do you have any idea if the settings might be the same for another Samsung model?
thanks in advance

Pepine

pepine

My Ukrainian guest has a free Vodafone SIM card but cannot access the internet on her android phone although she is supposed to have 20gb free data each month. Can anyone help?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @pepine 

Assuming Mobile Data is turned On in the phone's settings and the apn settings are correct for Vodafone Data > text WEB to 40127 can have these sent and  > How-do-I-set-up-my-phone-for-internet-access-and-picture-messaging-MMS. can help.

And all looks OK in the Myvodafone app  / Myvodafone online login.....

Then contact customer service via 191 or Live Chat or Speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll check the account.

Account Access isn't available via this forum.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

All resolved now - the issue was around setting the correct settings for the SIM card 2 as the original Ukrainian SIM card 1 was set up correctly but not the new one!!
Thank you to everyone for your help and patience.