Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Mate 10 Pro Hotspot

Savierson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, 

Looking for some help. The hotspot on my Mate 10 Pro has suddenly stopped working (I think there was recently a software update).  It's strange because someone from Vodafone called me the other day and advised me to use my hotspot to save the data on my ipad, which I have been doing regularly.

I have a full 4g signal but don't get any Internet connection on the ipad when connected to the Mate 10 Pro hotspot. I've tried a few things like renaming the hotspot and setting up a new password. Also tried changing from 2.4GHz to 5GHz. Turning off hardware accelerated tethering and turning it back on again. So far nothing has fixed it.

It's annoying because I have 100gb data on my phone which I barely use unless I'm using the hotspot for my ipad. I only have 20gb on my ipad which I go through quickly. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Savierson 

After any major software update it is recommended to do a factory reset.  This clears any remaining bugs from the previous software. Make sure you backed up valuable contents before doing the reset.

This should solve your hotspot issue after but you may need to contact Vodafone to make sure hotspot is provisional against your account, and you will only need to set up the hotspot by following the link below.

Tethering or sharing internet

If problems persists come back to the forum or follow this link for direct support from the Team here on the forum.Contact us for account specific queries