Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG and Contract SIMs in same phone

paulhiggs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Huawei Mate 10 Pro dual sim phone what has a problem when I install two Vodafone SIM cards. One SIM is a pay-as-you-go personal number and the other is a contract compay number.

With both SIMs installed in the phone I am able to make voice calls to and from each number, but there is a problem when I try to use DATA. Both SIM cards always select the same APN, either "Contract" or "PP", and the results vary.

Selecting PP and both the sims only work in HSDPA or 3G data. Selecting the Contract APN and the pay-as-you-go sim does not work at all (even when selected as tha SIM for data).

Does anyone know if the phone can be setup with "Contract " on SIM1 and "PP" on SIM2 and provide 4G data depending on which SIM is selected?

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Interesting quesion.   I have a dual-SIM Motorola (although I only use one SIM).  I can see various settings for each SIM but not, as far as I can tell, for data.   It may be that you have to switch the APN manually.   Have you Googled for data APNs in dual-SIM Android devices?

Android has ways to switch the data connection from one SIM to another, but if they are different Vodafone services (Contract vs PP) then one connection will fail. I don't want to use my "personal data" for company use and vice-versaScreenshot_20200203_160527.jpg

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

My Huawei P30 Pro shows APNs per SIM card. so you can select the one you want for each SIM.