Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can’t receive text messages since switched to Vodafone

Cengiz
2: Seeker

Hi All,

Since I switched to Vodafone from Voxi (19thSep) which is sister company of Vodafone, I can’t receive text messages. This is causing real pain to me at moment as I can’t get any security codes to reach bank, email, government and vodafone accounts. I have spent hours probably near 10 hours on help center to go through all troubleshooting questions, ordered new sim, changed phone and reset all settings but nothing worked. I believe something happened while porting in Vodafone from Voxi but couldn’t find out what the issue is actually Vodafone couldn’t find the error let’s say. So, I wanted to take my chance last time here before moving to another network and cancelling my contract. Is there anybody else here has come across same issue or any advice on alternative solution?

Thanks.

Ivo

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @tsezzy, are your calls and data working on the phone? Can you also tell us the make and model of your phone that you're using please? 🙂

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey - you need to explore the possibility there's an issue with your number port (there's a lot of work in the background) that has caused this issue with incoming texts.

Vodafone, as your new provider are responsible for resolving this (they can speak to the old network as well as the range holder to get this fixed) so reach out to customer care. 

Mslds81

Hi I can see it's been a while since you posted this problem, did it get sorted? I'm having the same issue after porting a number from Lyca to talk mobile (uses Vodafone) . After a week of waiting for the technical team to say something they are blaming the old provider saying they only let text from Vodafone network come through. I know at least why some messages work and others don't but how can they tell me my messages work as long as the contact is using Vodafone network, it's a joke