Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have just switched to Vodafone, and my new plan shows additional charges

kkosno
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello all,

I just wanted to understand the billing process with Vodafone. I have switched from the other provider today and I have not been with Vodafone before.

I have a sim only plan, and when I log in to my new Vodafone account it tells me that I have monthly charges from today till next month (i.e. 05 Sep to 04 Oct). 

In addition, it shows Additional charges which are the same amount as the monthly charges and it doesn't really explain what those are. It just says Mobile Phone Plan with date Mon 04 Oct.

Then, the Total estimated charges are a sum of the above two, which is equivalent of two monthly plan charges.

What are those additional charges for? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @kkosno 

This should have been explained to you at the time of taking out the agreement with Vodafone.  There is further information here: Your Airtime Bill Explained 

With the first bill being on a pro rata basis where you will be billed part of a month to bring you in line with your billing date, plus one full months line rental in advance your first bill will be different.  Until you are out of the pro rata period, the online account or Application will be unable to give and usage or billing information.

As you have just joined, Vodafone will send email information on the first bill, you should also receive some follow up texts messages.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @kkosno 

This should have been explained to you at the time of taking out the agreement with Vodafone.  There is further information here: Your Airtime Bill Explained 

With the first bill being on a pro rata basis where you will be billed part of a month to bring you in line with your billing date, plus one full months line rental in advance your first bill will be different.  Until you are out of the pro rata period, the online account or Application will be unable to give and usage or billing information.

As you have just joined, Vodafone will send email information on the first bill, you should also receive some follow up texts messages.

Thank you Ann. I don't recall talking about this with the agent, but maybe I missed it. I will await my first bill and if I have any more doubts I will come back later and post another question or add to this one if it's not closed.