Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet connection stalling periodically

simax
14: Advanced member

Hi there,

Is anyone else having recent issues with their 3/4/5G data connection? Over the last couple of weeks it goes through periods of dropping data packets and stalling. It isn’t a localised issue as I’ve tested the connection at various locations  in the last week such as Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Cheltenham and Birmingham and the issue is still there. 

Also seems to affect certain apps as well such as Sky News, Ladbrokes and Sky Bet to name a few - they need several attempts to get working. 

I also have a second sim in my phone (iPhone 12 Pro) which is on EE and this isn’t affected at all so it’s not the device at fault and someone over on Digital Spy has mentioned a similar issue.

Anyone at Vodafone aware of any issues?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @simax 

Is it OK to start off with the Template in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template so the Social Media Team's here can take a look @simax 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

simax

Ok sure… but it pretty much will be the same as above…

simax

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? No. Happens in multiple areas.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

I can’t say as it’s multiple areas. These include Plymouth, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Cheltenham and Birmingham.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? I have E-Sim in the device so can’t swap, however I also have a physical EE sim in the device too that’s having no issues. (iPhone 12 Pro)

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? The internet stops responding for a period of time, completely at random and for a random period if time. Can last up to 30 seconds at a time and is enough to make apps time out etc.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All technologies 

6) When did you first notice this issue? About 7-10 days ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Intermittent issue. Can happen at any time. For example so far today it’s been ok.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @simax Thank you so much for providing us with these details for us 👍 We'd like to help you get to the bottom of the issues you're having with your signal stalling, please drop us your full postcode here so we can get the ball rolling. 

simax

Hi @farai - it’s more than one area affected so do I still need to put a postcode in?

PS: That link doesn’t work by the way

simax

Hello….? Been a week since I replied saying I cannot submit information as the link you posted doesn’t work…… is anyone at Vodafone going to acknowledge me?

hrym