Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missing SMS - not receiving messages

slipd
4: Newbie

Hi guys, 

As above. In the last few weeks or so I've not been receiving all of the text messages I am being sent... is there a service outage or anything? Say for example I need to receive a verification from bank, it will usually require me to hit resend twice before I receive anything! 

Calls are fine as is my data.

Android 12 on a Xiaomi 10T Lite 5G. 

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @slipd 

So you are receiving some texts which should mean your messaging centre is right however it won't harm to check it.

I believe it's +447785016005

Also is this happening everywhere or in a certain area which would help determine if this is a mast issue.

You can check your local and surrounding Masts via network/status-checker. 

With some help possibly in >

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

To rule out the phone are you able to try your sim card in another phone  ?

Vodafone Customer Support on 191 , Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account.

Some people have had issues in not receiving communication from their bank. Perhaps perform a forum search and you'll see previous posts with possible advice within.

Your Banks Customer Support Team can check things at their end.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

In cases like this it is recommended by Vodafone to do a manual network scan @slipd  this will update the SIM on the network.  This is completed by going into your connection settings, connections, networks, select manual when the list of networks come up select and other network, wait for it to reject the request and reselect Vodafone.  There is further information from device guides here: Device Guides 

Thanks both! Have done your suggestions and I'm 99% certain I've sorted the issue...

I've also gone back to Google Messenger - I had been using the paid version of Textra. It used to be weird sometimes not getting messages from other users not using Messenger when I was set to Textra.