Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone haven’t taken my DD in over 18 months

Meaney2018
2: Seeker

I’ve only recently downloaded the myvodafone app in order to track my data as I was recently using more than I previously do. To my amazement, I seen a bill for over 3k and I can now see that Vodafone hasn’t taken a payment for any of my 3 connections over the last 18 months. I am now currently speaking with credit agencies as I now know this will have an adverse affect on my credit for something which was of no fault of my own. I can also see that others have experienced this problem but none for the length of time I have. Can anyone help me with further advice on what steps to take next in order to get this resolved?

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

It sounds as though your direct debit failed for some reason (to state the obvious).   Some banks are wary of DDs to mobile phone companies and yours may have cancelled it for that reason.   It's not uncommon for banks also to deny that they're doing this - it seems to happen silently and can't be seen by frontline staff which is, to say the least, less than satisfactory.

If a payment fails, though, Vodafone will send you a text saying that your bill is overdue and you can pay it manually.  This should alert you to the problem and you can re-setablish the DD (as long as the bank co-operates).  Your account would also be closed after a while and the numbers would cease working.  You should be contacted before this happens.

Vodafone have a Credit File Support team who will have access to the full account history and should be able to help you get to the bottom of what's gone wrong.   Contact support via Facebook or Twitter and ask for this to be escalated to them.

appreciate the response. I haven’t had one communication from Vodafone regarding an overdue account or if I have it hasn’t been for the last 18 months, Also, all numbers are working and have continued to work throughout this period, which is why I didn’t realise otherwise would have paid; all very odd. How do I escalate via this platform? This is all new to me, cheers.

BandOfBrothers

@Meaney2018 

The Vodafone Team here no longer can assist with Account issues.

A person can use Live Chat or ring them or use Facebook or Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Caitlinrice09

Hey did you ever get this resolved? I’ve just faced the same issue 6 months of two direct debits never came out so 12 missed payments on my credit file. Paid via collections which was the first contact I ever had to say bill was overdue and reinstated the direct debits. Low and behold direct debits not been taken yet again. Total shambles and disgusting.