Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need help with OneNumber/Alexa

MarbleM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I've registered in the Alexa app for OneNumber.

The issue is, when I receive an incoming call, my Echo device doesn't ring. Is there something else I need to do to make it work?

I can make outbound calls just fine.

5 REPLIES 5

Andy

Hi @MarbleM 👋 I have popped a link here with details on how to register and setup OneNumber, if you continue to have any issues please let us know 😊

Hi Andy,

Already done this. As mentioned, the outgoing calls work fine. I can ask my Echo to call a number and it'll use my Vodafone number and plan (confirmed on the receiving end it shows as my Vodafone number calling), no problems.

The issue is that it's not working the other way around. If I get a call to my Vodafone number, my phone will ring but my Echo devices do not.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarbleM If your outgoing calls are working through the Alexa, this should be connected for you. Can you check the following in your Alexa app just to ensure the ringer is set up correctly:

1. Open the Alexa App
  2. Select Devices
  3. Select Echo & Alexa, then select your Echo device
  4. Select Sounds
  5. Toggle Incoming Call Ringer ON

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Hi Beth,

After some more testing, I found that it seems to not work when the caller's number is private. Calling it from a different phone which isn't private seems to have worked.

Is there a reason it wouldn't respond to private numbers?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarbleM - thanks for this update. This isn't something we're aware of. It might be worth checking in the 'Settings' and then 'Phone' to make sure that option 'Silence Unknown Callers' is off.