Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number porting taking over 1 week and still not completed

Smiddyboy1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm now a week down the line since my number was ported to vodafone and I can't connect, call or relieve. Each and evert time I call CS they tell me it'll be a further 24 hrs! So far I've listed but a week is beyond a joke. I've had emails telling me the port is completed but it clearly hasn't, seems a common theme on here. One of the other numbers I have ported over without any issue but no-one seem to be in any hurry to help me sort it out. I used a pay as you go to contact them and they even cut that off so had to go through the whole process reconnecting that number, does anyone have a contact or department that can get this resolved

11 REPLIES 11

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Smiddyboy1! We don't have account access through this platform as it's a public forum, but please reach out to the Social Media team here and we'd be happy to investigate further with you 🙂

Hi Beth,

I've already tried that avenue but still no-one has got back to me 😞

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe I've located your chat with us on X, please check this your side as I can see we're waiting on a response regarding data protection 🙂

do you mean the pm on X, every time i reply it takes 20 minutes for a reply, I'll try it again

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

There can be delays over Social Media but the team will always come back to you as quickly as they can and pick up where they left off 🙂

Beth, Its a shambles,  you reply and someone different replies to your message asking the same info I've already provided, 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over Social Media ideally you'll be routed through the same agent, however, if that agent has finished their shift or gone on a break, you'll be routed through to the next available agent. We're unable to assist you through the Community due to the nature of the platform. Alternatively, please reach out to the team on 191 from any Vodafone phone, 03333 040191 from any other UK phone, or through our live chat here

Hi Beth, I know your trying to help, I called last week from a payg line and after the call they cut that line thinking it was the line I was using I was calling about, that took 2 days to sort. My main issue is its been 1 whole week, with the same spiel - wait 24hrs, wait 24hrs. Its a business line, I cant afford to lose anymore calls. I keep getting emails saying porting is complete but its not. One number I have is complete but even when I call the number is not showing in the system, Surely someone knows the issue or at least can fix it.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

A member of the team will liaise with our Porting team, who will reach out to your previous provider's Porting department to ensure all the files have come over when your number was moved over. If they come back to advise that this has been done, we'll look into alternative causes, but this needs to be done with a member of the team as we're unable to access your account through the Community