Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payforit scam

Beredens
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Is there a way to configure my phone so that I am not susceptible to scams from Payforit. I enclose the message that I received.

FreeMsg: Thank you for your free trial of MyLifestyle from Nexgen Ltd will end on 18/05/19.  Then £4.50 per week until you text STOP to 64055. HELP? 02037403517

I have no idea how I became enrolled in this service. Apparently phone numbers leaked from Giffgaff has been suggested but then I haven't heard of Giffgaff either!

Are there any settings I should change on my Vodafone monthly contract settings.

Thank you for your help.

BW Simon

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Beredens 

The best way to stop these unsolicited reverse charge messages is through the bars on your online account.  Under bars you will have a restriction bars for charge to bill, incoming will do the trick and stop these charges but still enable you to pay for car parking machines etc and pay by phone.

However, this won't stop active subscriptions and as you may be subscribed to the service this will need to be stopped direct with the provider.  If you go to the link here Premium Rate FAQ's

and go to the PSA link, you will be able to find information about the company sending the message and will be able to make a direct complaint, get the services stopped and demand the return of your money.

Also further information here: How can I stop premium rate services being accessed from my phone?

Hope you are able to get the dreadful unwanted scam messages stopped.

Thank you for your prompt and very helpful reply. I texted Stop all to the return number, slightly reluctantly as I thought it would confirm that my number is active, so incurred no payments, but know that I will not be alert to evry message they send!

BW Simon