Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Purchase declined on MobilePhonesDirect

jackanory
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I hope someone can provide some advice/insight.

Yesterday evening I attempted to purchase a galaxy s22 on a new pay monthly contract on mobilephonesdirect.co.uk

My application has been declined this morning and the website does not give any reason and states to contact vodafone directly to query. Unfortunately they do not provide any contact details for vodafone.

I know I have a good credit score so I am wondering if it has possibly been declined as I am currently on voxi and I had selected a 'new contract' deal?

I'd be grateful if anyone could possibly over any insight/advice. Do I need to port out of voxi to another network before I can take a new vodafone contract out?

If anyone had a contact telephone number for the relevant department in vodafone that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Effie

Hey @jackanory If you believe that the credit check failure is incorrect, you can appeal the decision here. You can also view more on our Credit Check policy and procedure, along with reasons why you might fail here

Hi Steph,

Appreciate the quick reply.

I don't suppose you have a contact number or are aware of any issues with currently being a voxi customer?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't @jackanory as the Credit Checks team are none customer facing. We're not aware of any issues that stop VOXI customers taking out a Pay Monthly contract with Vodafone. Have you been with VOXI a few months? 

Hi Steph,

I've been with voxi for around 18 months so i'm guessing something to do with the credit search.

Thanks for sending over the link to the form, i've submitted this now so will wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for letting me know @jackanory 🙂 The Credit File team will go through the checks and they will let you know if the failure is correct and if so, why it failed so at least then you will have a reason. If you need anything else at all, don't hesitate to give us a shout 😊

Hi @Effie 

Just wanted to say thanks again for the information and links and provide an update for anyone with an interest.

The good news is the credit vetting team were quick to respond my online form and emailed this afternoon to confirm that I had now been accepted.

The not so good news was that I was advised I would need to resubmit my order through mobilephonesdirect, and the deal I had opted for was no longer available.

75 minutes on hold later an agent at mobilephonesdirect advised they would not be able to honour the deal and suggested that this was an old deal, despite still being live on the website this morning.

The new deals are working out around £160 more expensive over the term of the 24m contract (probably around £200 after inflation is factored in), which is suprisingly close to the £150 cashback samsung are currently offering until 20th December although perhaps this is just a coincidence.

I'm none the wiser as to why my application was originally declined and by the time it was accepted the website had been updated... it's just as well i'm not cynical.