cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Retrieve Disconnected Number? (over 90 days pay monthly)

djj1994
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I've had a very frustrating few days trying to retrieve my mobile number. The only option I have left is turning to the community as it seems others have had some luck in the past.

My pay monthly account has been inactive since the beginning of June 2018 (circa 6 months). I was not aware that numbers were disconnected and effectively pooled for reuse after 3 months. I spoke to someone today who went through the process and spoke to "Pooling Support" who were unhelpful in trying to relocate the number. Whenever I ring my number it says it has been disconnected or is not in use so I know it hasn't been reallocated.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm desperate! Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @djj1994

Has it been clarified to you why your number was suspended and quarantined. 

Its rare on Pay Monthly as the monthly payments usually via direct debit stop this.

What we see is if a person on Payg does not use their account in a 180 day period + 90 days then the number can be suspended and account closed and number quartamtied.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @djj1994

When you mention your pay monthly number, if you cancelled the contract, the number would have been  disconnected and put into the recycling pool for reissue.  If you wanted to keep the number, you should have asked Vodafone to put the number on PAYG and kept the SIM active with the occasional chargeable activity and top up.

Unfortunatelyely, there are not an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers available and Vodafone would have had no idea you wanted to request the return of the number in 6 months time.

Also being a pay monthly number, would cause further complications.

Hi,

I'm aware now what I probably should have done but just trying to see if anything can be done at this point. My number was disconnected because I was going through some difficulty and was unable to pay. I was unaware that this lead to the number being pooled after a certain time and the contract was unable to be reconnected after a certain point; my fault for not doing my research at the time but circumstances didn't lead me to this.

Just reaching out to see if anything can be done. I don't really understand why the number can't be reallocated to me if it has been pooled and not in use yet. I'd happily pay to have this done.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've lost access to your number @djj1994. If you're in a position to have the number reconnected, we can take a look into getting this back for you. As we'll need to access your old account to do this, please get in touch through the link in this private message.

Hi, 

please can someone help me with this. I have a number which was disconnected 6 weeks ago and I desperately need to get the number back. 

Any helo would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi,

I am really hoping someone can help here. My number was disconnected on the 22nd June 2019 and I really need it back. Is there someone that can get in touch to help me out?

thanks

BandOfBrothers

@JtotheD 

What happens when you ring it ?

Being honest for the amount of time it's been suspended and quarantined you probably wont get it back but it's worth asking customer service via Live Chat or the landline number in contact-us.

Really when this happens the faster a person reacts the better.

Or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

The Social Media links I've provided are the Official links that the Vodafone Forum Team here would provide you once they caught up and have read your thread.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Hi @BandOfBrothers thank you for the quick response.

The phone is just dead so no ringing or voicemail. Seems like something so simple is very difficult but I am sure there are reasons behind that. I will try the online chat to see if i can get anywhere.

Thanks

BandOfBrothers

@JtotheD wrote:

Hi @BandOfBrothers thank you for the quick response.

The phone is just dead so no ringing or voicemail. Seems like something so simple is very difficult but I am sure there are reasons behind that. I will try the online chat to see if i can get anywhere.

Thanks

@JtotheD 

You're very welcome.

If it's dead then it will have probably have been quarantined until it's ready to be re issued out by Vodafone or by another network if they've let the number go.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >