Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disconnect number

Jordanmaskell
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

H I I have been a pay monthly customer for around 6+ years always had the same number. Early hours this morning I lost services, when service came back on received a text saying looks like I’ve swapped sims (I did not) my number has completely changed and moved to pay as you go? I have £88.78 outstanding called to try and set up an arrangement for Friday, but failed security saying my 4 digit pin was wrong ( I know it wasn’t as it’s been the same since I opened my account) anyway my mother called my number (original pay monthly number) and a Nigerian man answered claiming he had that number for over 4 years. I know that’s incorrect as I have had it for 6+. Vodafone said they disconnected my number due to the £88 outstanding, I asked why a stranger was answering and my pin was all of a sudden incorrect but no real help. I was told to have my number back I need to pay the £88, but I do not want to pay the £88 and not get my number back, that number is linked to all important accounts, I am a carer and use that number for work and clients etc. it just seems suspicious that it was disconnected and within hours a strange man is answering the call claiming he’s owned the number for many years. Have I been hacked? Will I ever get my number back?

3 REPLIES 3

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, you either need to be talking to VF on their customer service number or through their social media.  Whatever though you still owe them £88 - which probably means you've not paid a bill for a few months.
I am interested how you know the man you talked to was Nigerian - did he just offer this info up out of the blue or did you just...

Incorrect I made a payment on 16th October of £72. I have contacted VF numerous of times with no help. I could also tell by the accent and since the number switched to pay as you go only calls I am receiving is from Nigeria when I haven’t given this number out.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You would have checked your online account @Jordanmaskell to make sure your payments are up to date, it sounds like there is an additional £88 in arrears that needs to be paid.

It would also be worth making sure the calls you are receiving are not coming from Vodafone to request payment.  You can check the number here: Numbers Vodafone use 

For account access send the Social Team your details by following this link Contact Us