Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ring sound when abroad

Farrili
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

If I am abroad in the USA with my UK mobile, (Having removed my normal iPhone SIM Before I left the UK) and having replaced with a temporary one for cheaper USA roaming costs.

Question 1. : will a caller in the UK be able to phone me on my original number (Assuming it’s on wifi)?

Question 2. : if yes, will the caller get an international ringing tone?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Farrili 

Are you using a local USA Sim Card or are you using another Vodafone Uk Sim card ?

The caller would only be able to ring your usual Vodafone Uk number if it's in a phone and then on roaming i.e latched to a USA Network.

In addition to the above.....

T& C's - Vodafone-wi-fi-calling. 

" Roaming

The use of Wi-Fi Calling whilst roaming is prohibited and is not supported..

However, in certain circumstances it may be possible to enable Wi-Fi Calling whilst abroad and where used additional charges will apply.

If you’re a Pay monthly consumer customer and make calls over Wi-Fi to a mobile or landline number within the country you’re roaming in, your call will be charged at our standard international rates (business customers should check their standard international rates) and will be treated as a call from the UK to an international number. A pre-call announcement will play prior to connecting your call to remind you of this charge. 

Unless we tell you otherwise, Vodafone EuroTraveller, Vodafone WorldTraveller and other international add-ons or international bundles won’t apply if you only make calls over Wi-Fi whilst travelling abroad. However, if you use data on your phone, or call or text UK standard mobiles not using Wi-Fi whilst travelling abroad, then any international bundle on your account will be triggered in the usual way.  "

Usually a person does get an international dialing tone while ringing a person who is abroad. This is usually driven by the host foreign network.

Foreign-Ringtone. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.